Skip to main content

My Day Off

This week one of our Doctors is out of the office and the other Doctor travels to our other offices Tuesday -  Thursday so I was given today and tomorrow off. Now on the one hand it is kind of a bummer because financially, we need all of my hours but on the other hand, it is really nice to have two days to relax and enjoy time to myself. Between you and me, I am thrilled to have the time off. However, (unfortunately) it cannot become habit. Anyhoo, I have quite enjoyed my day because it is only about 3:15 pm and I have done next to nothing....needless to say, I love relaxing! I made french toast for breakfast and have lounged on the couch watching The Office and laughing hysterically to myself. Buuut, I do have a goal for these two days off. Actually it's more of a project than a goal. With Baby Blevins arriving in under 10 weeks, he really needs a place to sleep. Thanks to my over enthusiastic husband, Baby Blevins' crib is currently in our living room because his room is not ready. So, my project for today and tomorrow? Move the guest room into the "office" (it is more of a storage room than an office) in order to turn the guest room into a nursery.

Buuut, before I start working on the room switch, I want to share my yummy lunch with you! Last week I spent a lovely evening with my dear friend Reagan and she made this delicious soup that I have been craving ever since. Therefore, I just had to make it today for lunch! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

Gnocchi Soup with Pesto Grilled Cheese


(I'd like to give the magazine that Reagan used credit but I am not sure what magazine it was)

Ingredients:

Soup:
15 oz jar Roasted Garlic Alfredo Sauce
Rotisserie Chicken
Italian Seasoning
Salt & Pepper
16 oz pkg Potato Gnocchi
Fresh Spinach

Grilled Cheese:
Bread
Colby Jack Cheese
Provolone Cheese
Jarred Pesto
Butter



Step One:

Mix the jar of Alfredo into a saucepan along with 2 cups of water, 2 cups cubed/shredded rotisserie chicken (the chicken just fell off the bone and pretty much shredded itself so it wasn't cubed...but I am pretty sure it doesn't matter either way), 1 tsp Italian seasoning, 1/4 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp pepper.

Step Two:

Bring mixture to a gentle boil. Stirring occasionally. While the mixture is heating up, roughly chop spinach so that you have 3 cups chopped spinach. (sorry, I forgot to take pictures until the end...)

Step Three:

Add the package of Gnocchi and the spinach to the saucepan. Gently boil for roughly 8 minutes or until the Gnocchi floats and soup is to your desired thickness.

Step Four:

Prepare grilled cheese by buttering the outside of two slices of bread. Add the first slice, buttered side down to a skillet over medium heat. Add a slice of colby jack cheese and a slice of provolone.


Add a spoonful of pesto to the non-buttered side of the second piece of bread and top cheese in skillet, pesto side down.

Once the first side is golden brown (I like mine slightly darker than golden brown), flip and toast the other side.

Step Five:

ENJOY!!




Note: I know the pesto grilled cheese might sound really weird and trust me, I was uber skeptical when Reagan made it for me, but seriously, it is so good!

That's all for now! 

Here I come Project Nursery...




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Whole30 Days 14-23

When I started Whole30, it was my intent to write posts every day. Well, as you can tell, that just did not happen. I apologize. Life is just crazy and I simply have not had the time. So here is an update from the past week. Day 14 BREAKFAST: Sliced Banana with a scoop of Barney's Almond Butter Sunday mornings are super duper busy so quick breakfasts are all I have time for as I am usually running out the door at the last possible minute. My husband is a pastor so he heads to the church early so I have to get myself and our son ready. I should probably just wake up earlier so I can have a better breakfast on Sundays, but I prefer the sleep. LUNCH: Paleo Buffalo Chicken Wings with Roasted Broccoli and Whole30 Ranch Oh muh gooooosh guys. These wings were SO good. I totally ate like 6 of them. Seriously, click the link and make them like, right now. SO GOOD! DINNER: Aidell's Chicken & Apple Sausage with leftover Roasted Broccoli We also have eve...

Paleo Pancakes TWO Ways!

I have always been a breakfast eater but never really a pancake eater. I LOVE eggs, potatoes and french toast. Mmm Mmm. :) However, when I was pregnant with my son I craved pancakes like it was my job. Luckily for me, my husband is a fantastic pancake maker. I mean, seriously, he does not cook, like evverrr. But that man, boy he can make amazing pancakes and omelets....breakfast is definitely his forte...at least in the kitchen. But, sadly once lil man was born, the pancake-making stopped but my craving and love for pancakes did not. So, here we are over two years later, still loving pancakes. And believe it not, lil man loooooooves breakfast. It's the one meal I can count on him eating and loving 100%  of the time. We usually have pancakes at least once a week. So, naturally, I had to move on from Aunt Jemima and Hungry Jack to something a little yummier and a lot healthier. Here are our favorite Paleo Pancake Recipes: Paleo Banana Pancakes 1 Banana (mashed) 2 Eggs 1 T...

Whole30 Day 3

Guys. Today I passed up on Spaghetti and Meatballs at Youth Group without a second thought. THIS. IS. A. BIG. DEAL. If you know me, you know that I love love LOVE Italian food. I mean seriously, the first two years my husband and I were married, he was convinced all I knew how to cook was pasta or tacos (I also LOVE Mexican food). I can cook but those are my favs and they're so easy peasy. He is used to Southern Cookin (he's a NC boy) and I don't know how to do that (although I have picked up a few recipes from my awesome mother-in-law). So, anyway I was pretty darn proud of myself. I did have the urge to take a big ole bite outta little man's garlic bread but I resisted. Anyhoo, here is how Day 3 went... Day 3 BREAKFAST: Melissa's Chicken Hash (from the new Whole30 book ) I did not have apple cider or walnuts so I used apple cider vinegar and sliced almonds. The recipe calls for arugula or baby spinach. I used baby spinach because that's what I...